The Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) has the mobile banking service that allows its customers to use the Safaricom M-Pesa option to deposit cash to their KCB accounts. To use this service, you will need the KCB paybill number 522522.
What to note is, you have to be a registered KCB Mobi Bank user to use this service. If you are not subscribed to it, just download the KCB Mobi bank application form, fill it and submit it to your nearest KCB branch or even at a KCB mtaani agent.
Here is a step by step procedure on how to deposit cash from M-Pesa to your KCB Bank account.
- In your Safaricom app, go to M-PESA
- Choose Lipa na M-PESA
- Choose pay Bill
- Enter 522522 as the business no
- Select Account number and under that, enter the KCB Bank account number you want to transfer money to
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer
- Next, enter your M-Pesa pin.
- Recheck all the details you have entered and if they are correct press SEND.
After you have completed the transaction, expect to receive a confirmation SMS from M-Pesa and KCB.