Land owners are required to pay land rates before the end of every financial year i.e., June whether the land brings income or not. Collection of land rates is normally done to raise revenue for development projects.
The value of land increases as it continues to be serviced with water, sewage system, improved roads, street lights, and other systems. Those who do not pay their land rates are usually penalized. There are several ways you can pay your rates.
- Here is how to pay land rates online
- Visit the Nairobi self-service website
- Sign in to your account. If you don’t have one sign up first and register
- Select the ministry of land and urban housing Development then click land search
- Key in your land title number
- Complete the online form and submit it
- Confirm the details and if correct go ahead and make payment
- If the payment is successful, you can then print the payment slip.
- Pat through the e-jiji platform
- Dial *217#
- Follow the prompts after dialing.
- Deposit at Cooperative bank
- Use “Nairobi City Council” as the account name.
- For revenue account use, “City Hall Branch.”
- Use 01141232396600 as the account no.
- You can also visit the Nairobi county office and make payment in person.
For any queries or additional information concerning payment of land rates in Nairobi, contact the following:
Rates section: 020 222 6923
Customer care: 0725624489
Nairobi self-service portal website: https://epayments.nairobi.go.ke/