Operating an Mpesa is not as hard as you think. It quite easy, so long as you follow the guidelines. Mpesa business can be a very profitable business if you do it right.
You can either run the shop or hire someone competent with at least a KCSE qualification. Another thing you’ll need is to brand your Mpesa with the Safaricom brand guidelines.
The day in day out operation will include:
- Depositing money into your customers accounts
- Process withdrawal money from your customers
Note that the customers need to be registered Mpesa users and also have the original national identification card registered under the Mpesa account for the transaction to be done.
- Register new M-Pesa users-They will need to have a valid identification card.
- Conform to Safaricom business practices.
- Ensure you have enough float to service your customers as well enough hard cash for the same.
- Operating a Mpesa shop or business involves high-security risks as people know you handle a lot of money, making you a target for theft.
- Failure to submit to Safaricom strict guidelines will result in your line being blocked.