The eCitizen account is the answer to all your needs concerning government services in Kenya. Before the creation of the portal, Kenyans had to wait in long queues and endure bureaucracy issues. That story has changed with the one-stop online application of the eCitizen portal account.
With the account, you will be able to get a Kenyan Visa, apply and pay for a passport, apply and renew driving license in Kenya, among other exciting services.
Here is how to open an E-Citizen account Visit the eCitizen website and click “create account” at the top of the page.
- You will have four choices; Citizens, Business, Visitors, and Foreign Residents account. (The below steps are for the citizen account which is the most popular)
- After selecting the citizen account, Key in your first name and National ID number and click verify.
- If the first name and Id number are correct, you’ll now be required to key in your email, choose your gender, create a password and accept the eCitizen Portal terms and conditions, then press continue.
- Next is to verify your email address, so go to your email inbox and click on the verification link and click next.
- Now you will be required to verify your mobile number. So key in your phone number. You will receive a code via SMS. Key in the code and click verify.
- Lastly, upload your passport( should be maximum size 500px by 500px)
That’s it! You can now count yourself registered for the eCitizen portal.