Telkom has made it easier for its users to top up credit and internet bundles through Safaricom. You can either use Mpesa with your Safaricom line or use *544# using your Telkom line.
Let’s break this down for you. If you wish to use Mpesa, this is how you do it
- Open your M-Pesa menu
- Choose the “Pay bill” option
- Choose “Enter business no” and key in 777711 (Telkom pay bill no)
- Choose “Enter account no” and key in your Telkom number
- Key in the amount you wish to top-up
- Lastly, input your M-Pesa pin and click “OK.”
You will receive a message from Mpesa and Telkom confirming your purchase.
To use the *544# code, follow the following steps
- With your Telkom line dial *544#
- Select “Top-up via M-Pesa” option
- Enter your number
- Key in the amount you need
- Key in your M-Pesa number
- Key in your M-Pesa pin to complete the transaction
These two processes are definitely a move to entice Telkom users to continue using their services by purchasing credit and internet using Safaricom.