Did you know you can apply for the new digital driving license online by following a few steps? Now you know. Every driver will be required to have migrated to the new license by January 2021.
The new digital DL will contain information such as your blood type, biometrics, and any traffic offense you might have done.
Before we jump to how you should apply for it, note that you need to first create an account on the Transport Information Management System (TIMS). Visit tims.ntsa.go.ke, and click register at the bottom of the page, select “individual,” then follow the prompt.
Here is how to apply for NTSA driving license
- Go to tims.ntsa.go.ke again but this time sign in
- Choose the “Driving license” option
- On the left of the new page you’ll see “Apply for smart DL” click on it
- You will be redirected to another page to verify that all your details are correct, please verify and if correct, click “Next.”
- In any case you want to correct any detail, use the red link at the top of the page. Remember, you’ll have to wait as the details are being corrected before proceeding with the process.
- Next, it’s the payment page where you will choose your preferred payment method and pay. (Ksh3,050)
- After this process, you should visit NTSA, where they will take your photo, biometric and digital signature.
- The smart DL should take five working days to be ready but can, at times, delay; therefore, you will have to wait a little longer.